In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm, are joined by Business Apps MVP Serge Luca (a.k.a., Dr. Flow) (Power Platform Associates) | @sergeluca. Discussed in this session – Serge’s interest in Power Platform, growth in the number of available connectors - application integration, and data storage options. As well, called out is the need for more developer focused patterns and practices.
Regarding data storage, the group more-or-less defined a decision tree. There is product - CDS (free or paid), SQL/Azure, SharePoint, or Hybrid and there are other considerations - licensing, app types, security/permission requirements, data storage costs, and database management. Finally, Serge gives viewers a quick tour of the workflow companion tool he has been developing called BPM.
This episode was recorded on Monday, November 23, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Building and managing amazing Teams apps - Microsoft Teams
- Low code apps and bots in Microsoft Teams with Power Apps and Power Virtual Agents - Microsoft Teams
- Protecting your data - creating a secure and compliant Microsoft Teams environment - Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams App Development Challenge - Microsoft 365 Team
- Outlook REST API v2.0 Deprecation Notice - Microsoft 365 Team
- Retiring Microsoft Graph notifications API - Microsoft 365 Team
- Manage Microsoft Dataverse for Teams environments - Manuela Pichler (Microsoft)
- Learn Together: Developing Apps for Teams - Microsoft
- New apps and features in Microsoft 365 for individuals and families this fall - Gareth Oystryk (Microsoft)
- Microsoft Search 101 - Bill Baer (Microsoft) | @williambaer
- MS Teams Tips & Tricks - LiveTiles
- serge luca aka 'Doctor Flow' - YouTube - Serge Luca (Power Platform Associates) | @sergeluca
- List Items Menu - João Mendes | @joaojmendes
- SharePoint Themes - Don Kirkham | @DonKirkham
- How to deploy a Yo Teams generated project to Azure through Azure DevOps - Wictor Wilen (Avanade) | @wictor
- How to make CSS Variables work in every web part context - Stefan Bauer (N8D) | @StfBauer
- Microsoft Graph - First Steps - Kev Ritchie (Paradise Computing) | @KevRitchie
- 1 Top tip: PowerPlatformLearn.com and master the Power Platform within no time - Pieter Veenstra (HybrIT Services) | @PieterVeenstra
- How much security is ‘enough’ security? Looking at Microsoft 365 Defender vs. Azure Sentinel - Alex Fields | @vanvfields
- 5 ways I stay updated with Microsoft 365 Developer news and announcements (Azure, Office, SharePoint) - Cameron Dwyer (OnePlace Solutions) | @CameronDwyer
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
"Sharing is caring!"
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practice - 24th of November 2020