In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by Seattle-based Program Manager from OneDrive and SharePoint (ODSP) engineering - Nicole Woon (Microsoft) | @NovelNicole. Topics discussed in this episode include: Nicole’s product - SharePoint site templates. The importance and Making products approachable to both the most advanced developer and to someone new to the product. Customer connection and delivering capabilities based on an understanding of human behavior and using “craft” for high-quality product development. A strategy for learning everything necessary to excel as a technical support engineer, being an accessibility champ and thriving as a woman in IT.
Covering also 21 new articles from Microsoft and the Community from past week!
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Monday, June 21, 2021, and it is the last episode until we return from summer holiday to kick off Season 4 - Episode 133, sometime around end of August. Thank you for watching and listening, we hope you have a happy and safe summer. Please note: There will be no break in our regularly delivered Thursday M365/SharePoint Community calls and calls from other organizations.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- New hybrid work innovations in Microsoft Teams Rooms, Fluid, and Microsoft Viva - Microsoft
- New experiences coming to Microsoft Teams Rooms to allow everyone to participate on equal footing - Microsoft
- Assignments API for Microsoft Graph is now generally available - Microsoft
- Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast - Viva Connections with John Nguyen and Luca Bandinelli - Paul Schaeflein (AddIn365) | @paulschaeflein
- SharePoint Site Templates – the latest features and experiences - Nicole Woon (Microsoft) | @NovelNicole
- Explore Microsoft 365 extensibility opportunities with the Microsoft 365 Extensibility look book - Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit React code tour - Microsoft Graph Toolkit
- Save an email attachment to a custom path with Power Automate - Damien Bird (Aberdeen City Council) | @DamoBird365
- How to use Send an HTTP request to SharePoint in Power Automate? - Chandani Prajapati | @Chandani_SPD
- Run reports on your tenant using the CLI for Microsoft and Azure Container Instances - Albert-Jan Schot (Portiva) | @appieschot
- SharePoint – Adding ‘Time to read’ to modern pages - Alex Clark (Microsoft) | @sharepointalex
- Creating a PWA for your Microsoft Teams app - Elio Struyf (Struyf Consulting) | @eliostruyf
- Filtering SharePoint News Pages with Metadata - Marc D. Anderson (Sympraxis Consulting) | @sympmarc
- Power Automate Flows – Random Tips, Tricks, and Pain Points - Caroline Sosebee (ThreeWill)
- Working with Nintex REST API for Office 365 - Alex Terentiev (Sharepointalist) | @alexaterentiev
- Show files as cards using Microsoft Graph Toolkit and hTWOo - Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm
- Query SharePoint items with Microsoft Graph and Search - Markus Möller (Avanade) | @Moeller2_0
- SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists: @mention people in list comments - Ganesh Sanap (Globant) | @GaneshSanap20
- Creating a Modern SharePoint Site using Power Automate - Michel Mendes (Storm Technology Ltd) | @michelcarlo
- Updates for Microsoft Teams connected team sites - Daniel Glenn (InfoWorks, Inc) | @DanielGlenn, Darrell Webster (Modern Workplace Change) | @darrellaas
- Business processes vs. automated activities - Sarah Haase | @sarahhaase, Antonio Maio | @AntonioMaio2, Mike Maadarani | @mikemaadarani and Mike Fitzmaurice (WEBCON) | @mikefitz
- Microsoft 365 Extensibility Look Book - https://aka.ms/m365/extensibility
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Want to ask a question or in general engage with the community - Add a note in the Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub at https://aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
"Sharing is caring!"