In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by Nairobi, Kenya-based Program Manager at Microsoft - Roina Ochieng | @roinochieng, who works in the Microsoft Graph team focusing on the SDKs and tooling.
Topics discussed in this session:
- Working for a large globally dispersed company with a growth mindset.
- Thoughts on changes to how we work - delivering impact vs activities.
- Importance of local community engagement and events.
- Being a woman in tech in sub-Saharan Africa
- How might outsiders want to engage with regional communities? In Africa, understand problem led innovation.
- What’s coming in Graph SDK work? Project Kiota and low friction tooling that helps people integrate with Microsoft 365 more easily.
We also covered 12 articles or videos by Microsoft and the community from the last week.
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded in front of a non-audience on Monday, November 15, 2021. Enjoy the show.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Viva Connections mobile and new partner integrations are now generally available - Michael Holste (Microsoft) | @Mike_Holste
- Microsoft Tech Community Live: Microsoft Viva Edition - Microsoft
- New Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices (PnP) team members – November 2021 - Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen
- Matching the logged in user in a canvas app with a person column in SharePoint - Carmen Ysewijn (Qubix) | @CarmenYsewijn
- Collaborating on a Loop: Preparing for Microsoft Loop and the collaborative canvas - Rebecca Jackson (Avanade) | @RebeccaJLJ
- Cleaning Up Content Types Orphaned from the Content Type Hub - Marc D Anderson (Sympraxis Consulting) | @sympmarc
- Building a Microsoft Teams Bot: Deep linking to a Teams message from an Adaptive Card button - Vardhaman Deshpande (Valo Solutions) | @vrdmn
- Using the Graph Explorer to help Execute Graph PowerShell Commands - Liam Cleary | @helloitsliam
- How to Setup Teams & Microsoft 365 for Streamlined Knowledge Sharing Sessions (aka Lunch & Learn or ... - Cameron Dwyer (OnePlace Solutions) | @CameronDwyer
- Building a partner offering with Azure AD secured multi-tenant APIs and Viva Connections Adaptive Ca...- Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @paolopia
- Episode #180 - Consuming 3rd Party APIs in SPFx ACEs - Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @paolopia
- November 2021 DIWUG Meetup
- Extend Microsoft Viva Connections - Microsoft Learn
- Consume a multi-tenant API within a set of Microsoft Viva Connections Adaptive Card Extensions (ACEs... solution in GitHub
- Microsoft 365 Unified Sample Gallery (preview) - https://aka.ms/m365/samples
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Want to ask a question or in general engage with the community - Add a note in the Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub at https://aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
"Sharing is caring!"