In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by London/India - based Developer, Product Owner, Technical Architect, MVP, Vardhaman Deshpande (Valo Solutions) | @vrdmn.
Topics discussed in this session:
- Microsoft Teams and Microsoft 365 Platform development at Valo.
- Vardhaman’s focus on tabs, bots and meeting extensions along with the development of an Ideation solution.
- How the Teams development experience has improved vastly in the last year.
- Benefits building for Teams as opposed to just building a web app.
- Creating multiple profiles in Edge for testing across multiple tenants.
- The Valo tool stack for Teams development
- Vesa and Waldek affirm the critical role played by community in helping to create successful products for real world usage. And the importance of real-world use cases for product validation and evolution.
We also covered 12 articles published by Microsoft and the PnP Community over the last week.
- Waldek – integrate MSAL/Angular with Teams (build a web app with SSO for Teams that works both inside Teams and outside Teams as a web app). Improve Angular Development experience around Teams. Working on new concepts for CLI for Microsoft 365.
- Vesa – Family vacation this week. Last week released SPFx v1.14 and working on new capabilities for v1.15 release by end of June.
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Thursday, February 17, 2022. Enjoy the show.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Measure your cloud carbon footprint with the Emissions Impact Dashboard for Microsoft 365 (Preview) - Peter Bergen (Microsoft)
- Learn how to create secure identity solutions using the Microsoft identity platform - Nick Adman (Microsoft)
- Teams JS SDK v2 Public Preview Update: Teams Apps in Office.com & Office App for Windows - Zakiullah Khan (Microsoft)
- Learn from the community: Chatbot for Microsoft Teams personal and group chats - Ayça Baş (Microsoft) | @aycabs
- Updated design guidance for Viva Connections custom cards and quick views - Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen
- “Lists for everyone” :studio_microphone: – The Intrazone podcast - Mark Kashman (Microsoft) | @mkashman , Miceile Barrett (Microsoft) | @MSFTMiceile and Ben Truelove (Microsoft) | @betruthfulness
- Using the Fluid Framework - Dan Wahlin (Microsoft) | @DanWahlin
- Connecting to SharePoint Online using Managed Identity with granular access permissions - Stian A. Strysse | @stianstrysse
- Copy SharePoint files from one tenant to another using Power Automate - Pieter Veenstra (HybrIT Services) | @PieterVeenstra
- How to: Bring Microsoft Teams Apps to Outlook - Tom Morgan (Modality) | @tomorgan
- List all external users in all site collections - Chandani Prajapati (Rapid Circle) | @Chandani_SPD, Albert-Jan Schot (BLISS.digital) | @appieschot and Paul Bullock (CPS) | @pkbullock
- Football Stats Viva Connections Mobile Card - Soumit Mukherjee | @msoumit, Sourav Paul | @spsouravp and Soumyadeep Mukherjee
- Microsoft 365 Unified Sample Gallery (preview) - https://aka.ms/m365/samples
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Want to ask a question or in general engage with the community - Add a note in the Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub at https://aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
"Sharing is caring!"