In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by Belgium-based, MVP, author, Microsoft Teams developer, and CTO with Advantive, Rick Van Rousselt | @RickVanRousselt.
Topics discussed in this session can be summarized with one word. Change! The leap from Teams tab (iFrame) to Extension (Bot Framework) development, or transition from Skype to Teams, in the customer’s mind. Many customers are now circling back to Microsoft partners for guidance on optimizing Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams, yet interestingly at differing rates Worldwide. Clearly in part, adoption is cultural. As well, the partner business has changed from having a development to a consultative focus, from selling and executing long term to short term projects, and the staff from specialists to generalists. The pace of change is fast, challenging and rewarding. Case in point on the pace of change - Microsoft and the Community delivered a box busting 29 articles in this last week!
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This episode was recorded on Monday, May 17, 2021.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- May 25-27, 2021- Microsoft Build 2021
- June 1-2, 2021 - European SharePoint Conference 2021 - Online
- August 9-11, 2021 - North American Collaboration Summit
- Register with coupon code "PnP" for 25% off from the prize at https://nacs.ticketspice.com/nacs2021
- Behind the scenes on Microsoft Viva with Microsoft Mechanics - Seth Patton (Microsoft) | @SethPat
- Microsoft 365 admin center network connectivity is now generally available - Paul Andrew (Microsoft) | @pndrw
- Customer Key support for Microsoft Teams now Generally Available! - Microsoft
- Experience the magic of ESPC21 Online training – free and paid options - Mark Kashman (Microsoft) | @mkashman
- “Viva Topics is the on-hovercraft of knowledge” :studio_microphone: – The Intrazone podcast - Mark Kashman (Microsoft) | @mkashman, Chris McNulty (Microsoft) | @cmcnulty2000 & CJ Tan (Microsoft)
- Microsoft Graph .NET SDK v4 adds enhanced features – now in preview - Microsoft
- New renewal offering for your app’s Publisher Attestation and Microsoft 365 Certification - Microsoft
- Microsoft Graph Mailbag – Azure AD applications and users for testing - Brian T. Jackett (Microsoft) | @BrianTJackett
- Five new features enhancing Adaptive Cards in Microsoft Teams - Ojasvi Choudhary (Microsoft) | @Ojasvi
- Excel Scripts and Cloud Flows - Data Manipulation - Damien Bird (Aberdeen City Council) | @DamoBird365
- Microsoft 365 PnP Community Spotlight: Arjun Menon - Arjun Menon (Tata Consultancy Services) | @arjunumenon & Luise Freese | @LuiseFreese
- React Groups and Teams Filters - Alison Collins
- Getting Started with Azure Shell and PnP PowerShell with Certificates - Paul Bullock (Capa Creative) | @pkbullock
- Setting up https for Teams Tabs projects - without ngrok - Bob German (Microsoft) | @Bob1German
- Power Automate: skip the Parse JSON action to reference data - Django Lohn (InSpark) | @LohnDjango
- Community Sample: News Ticker app (SPFx Extensions) - Ari Gunawan (DevStack) | @AriGunawan
- Resubmit your failed Power Automate flow runs automatically using M365 CLI and REST API - Mohamed Ashiq Faleel (Tata Consultancy Services) | @ashiqfaleel
- SPFx People Search web part, v2.5.0 - Yannick Reekmans (Qubix) | @yannickreekmans
- Configure Teams Applications with Azure App Configuration (nodeJS) - Markus Möller (Avanade) | @Moeller2_0
- SharePoint Online CSS Classes - Denis Molodtsov (Point Alliance) | @Zerg00s
- Teams + Power Apps: Building context/theme aware apps - Michel Mendes (Storm Technology Ltd) | @michelcarlo
- Teams Activity Notifications using Azure Services - Aakash Bhardwaj (Microsoft) | @aakash_316
- PnPjs 2.5 change log - Julie Turner (Sympraxis Consulting) | @jfj1997
- spfx-fast-serve 3.0: it's all about simplicity - Sergei Sergeev (Mastaq) | @sergeev_srg
- Find who deleted files in SharePoint Online using PowerShell PnP (from the recycle bin) - Veronique Lengelle (CPS) | @veronicageek
- Episode #154 - Introducing the Microsoft Graph Toolkit - Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @PaoloPia
- Power Automate SharePoint Get Column Changes - April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam
- Flow Approval Dashboard in Power Apps for SharePoint - Reza Dorrani (Catapult Systems) | @RezaDorrani
- Lesson 1: The attitude of a decision maker can impact the entire platform experience - Megan Strant (Strant Consulting) | @MeganStrant
- Power Platform Sample Gallery - for finding easily samples from the GitHub - contributions from the community are welcome!
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Want to ask a question or in general engage with the community - Add a note in the Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub at https://aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
"Sharing is caring!"