In this weekly discussion of latest news and topics around Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), are joined by Rabia Williams - MVP, Developer with Engage Squared in Brisbane, Australia. This episode's conversation evolves from the ease of working with SPFx, to challenges of cloud-based authentication, to being involved with the tremendous growth of Microsoft Teams apps/extensions. On becoming an MVP - focus on creating awareness and on sharing your interests and learnings with others. On PnP awareness - the reality is there are more newbies than experts out there, it's incumbent on us to keep learning how to explain the basics better. The trio agrees - contributing to an open-source effort is a different type of developer experience. It’s people to people focused, it’s inclusive, it's addictive and it’s rewarding. In this episode, 15 new community articles are reviewed. Outside this episode please enjoy the diversity of keynotes and sessions at this year's virtual Microsoft Build 2020 conference happening presently.
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, May 18, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Yes, we failed miserably this week exceeding 1 hour! Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly (or older #SPDevWeekly). We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
Microsoft / PnP articles:
- Microsoft Build 2020 – Guide to the Microsoft 365 Developer Platform | Microsoft
- Microsoft 365 Virtual Marathon – free, online training event | Mark Kashman (Microsoft)
- New Graph Explorer is now Generally Available (GA) | Betti Ngugi (Microsoft)
- Automate teams provisioning with the Request-a-team app template | Audrie Gordon (Microsoft)
- Opening Keynote - GitHub Satellite 2020 | GitHub
- Bot Framework Composer Series - 1 - Use Adaptive Cards | Stephan Bisser (Solvion)
- SPFx disable TABs/Pivots | Veerasekar Meiyappan (Cognizant)
- Find SharePoint documents by file extension | Joel Rodrigues (Storm Technology)
- SPFx Extension To Generate Document QR Code Using Command Sets | Siddharth Vaghasia (Tata Consultancy Services)
- View Document Thumbnail in Modern Document Library View in SharePoint Online | Mark Rackley (PAIT Group)
- Webinar Get Microsoft 365 Developer Certified Explore Microsoft Teams (webinar recording) | Andrew Connell (Voitanos)
- Episode #101 - Creating Teams Tabs with SharePoint Framework | Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys)
- Teams and SharePoint provisioning solutions - new Group.Create permission | Chris O’Brien (Content and Code)
- Animation or Motion Effects Using Office UI Fabric/Fluent UI In SPFx | Harsha Vardhini (Split~Vision)
- Modern Page Provisioning in the SharePoint Framework (SPFx) | Ravichandran Krishnasamy (Content Formula)
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint/Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
"Sharing is caring!"
SharePoint Team, Microsoft - 19th of May 2020