In this weekly discussion of latest news and topics around Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), are joined by - John Liu, Consultant, Microsoft Power Automate expert and owner of PowerStudios in Sydney, Australia. Topics Discussed: Will Microsoft take my business idea? Deploying Flows in the enterprise? Using Flows as an orchestrator. Bundling Flows into Solutions? What is John's attraction to Power Automate? How he evolved from On-Prem to Cloud to Power Automate and about moving from SharePoint workflows to Power Automate. Key advice: To be a successful entrepreneur, live in a country with no snow! This week: There is a high probability the CSOM .NET Standard will be released and finishing up a Blog post on SharePoint Starter Kit v2. Additionally, in this episode, 15 recently released articles from Microsoft and the PnP Community are highlighted.
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, June 15, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 minutes in length, but often extend to 60 minutes or 75 minutes as is the case in this episode. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly (or older #SPDevWeekly). We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Script Lab now supports Outlook! | Microsoft
- Building Microsoft Teams Apps with Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code Extensions | Microsoft
- Embedding modern SharePoint pages in Microsoft Teams as personal apps (preview) | Microsoft
- How to provision SharePoint list and resources with only standard Microsoft Flow using ExecuteSiteScriptAction | John Liu (PowerStudio) | @johnnliu
- Doctor Flow Power Platform BPM Toolkit | Serge Luca | @sergeluca
- New CodeTour Option for SharePoint Framework (SPFx) Upgrades in the Office 365 CLI | Marc D Anderson (Sympraxis Consulting) | @sympmarc
- Apply Team theme to SPFx web part | Marcin Wojciechowski (Valo Intranet) | @mgwojciech
- Deploy SPFx solutions on multiple sites using GitHub Actions and Office 365 CLI | Aakash Bhardwaj (HCL Technologies) | @aakash_316
- Find all pages utilizing the Microsoft 365 Learning Pahtways web part | Sébastien Levert (Valo Intranet) | @sebastienlevert
- The easiest way to store user settings of your Microsoft 365 app | Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) | @waldekm
- How to make Microsoft Graph request using PnP and Office 365 CLI | David Ramalho (Storm Technology) | @DavRamalho
- How to call Microsoft Graph API from PowerShell to get Microsoft Teams details? | Kislay Sinha (CGI) | @sinhakislay
- Problem with threads count grow when use OfficeDevPnP AuthenticationManager | Alexey Sadomov (Valo Intranet) | @sadomovalex
- How to effectively delete node_modules on Windows | Sergei Sergeev (Mastaq) | @sergeev_srg
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint/Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
"Sharing is caring!"
SharePoint Team, Microsoft - 16th of June 2020